Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The bus stop experience

I've been meaning to blog about this every day this school year when I got into work, but I always forget. Every morning (assuming I'm leaving at the rign the morning), there are kids waiting at the end of our street. Normal enough. The kids, I'm assuming, are all in junior high or higher because we don't really have busses around here for younger kids (plus, they look older than Abby). The strange thing, never fail, there's at least one car waiting at the end of the street at the stop sign.

First off, it's annoying. They're parked right at the stop sign, so you really have no idea if they're stopped there because of the stop sign or if they're stopped there because they're stopped.

Second, THESE KIDS ARE AT LEAST IN SEVENTH GRADE! I get it if it's cold out. Or rainy. I mean, I would make my kids grin and bear it, but I can understand why others wouldn't. But in 75 degree March weather? Really? That I don't understand. Do you really not let them out of their site ever? After school? On weekends? Is the bus stop in Jackson really that dangerous? I'm just not sure. And it bugs me every morning without fail. You'd think I'd eventually get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment