Thursday, December 29, 2011

Not even a mouse

Today I had the day off of work. That is fairly unremarkable, except... As a Christmas present, Alina took the kids to her house for a topsy-turvy sleepover (which I will let Abby write about later). I think the gift was for the kids, but it was one of the best Christmas gifts I got! She took them yesterday, so Dave and I went to dinner last night, just the two of us. I am fairly certain that hasn't happened since November last year. We went to what looked like a great steak place but, while the food was really good, the ambiance was more supper club than fine dining. We were the youngest patrons by far, but got our own dining room, and it made for good conversation. I think we stuck out like sore thumbs, especially when Dave asked for the list of their single malt scotches, but it was still very nice, as was the trip to Barnes and Nobles and the dessert stop afterwards.

This morning Dave went to work... And I slept. Until 8:10 that is, when Dave called to ask a question. He had a real question, but I think he just wanted to know if I was still sleeping. I was. But, since I was interrupted, I grabbed my book and hopped into the bathtub. For a few hours. Heaven!

From there I broke my resolve and did some work, but it was nice to get a lot done, uninterrupted, even if it was work. When the kids came home around 3:15, I was ready to hear all about their crazy sleepover (where they did more in one day than I have done with them in one year!), get Abby ready and drop her off at volleyball practice. I am now planted at McDonald's with the iPad (merry Christmas to the kids... And me!), studying for a certification exam at the end of January and updating the blog.

This weekend is more Christmas, a new years party, and relaxing, relaxing, relaxing. Now that is starting 2012 off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment