Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Growing up

I know I often lament about the kids getting so big. But seriously, how does this happen? Lately it's been Abby. Her speech is getting older, her mannerisms. Her understanding of the world is getting more complex.

I watched her Saturday morning at volleyball practice, and I thought volleyball practice? Really? How can she be big enough to not just play volleyball, but actually play well? But it's funny because I love playing volleyball with her. Dave can keep softball, I'll take volleyball. It's so fun that she's interested in it too!

But the big sign that she's growing up? She needed new tennis shoes so I took her to the store. After trying on and discarding all the kid's sizes, she found a pair of women's that fit. Size 7.

Sheesh!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if Abby has any size 6 shoes she doesn't wear anymore I'll take 'em! :)

Nicole

Stacy said...

Ha! I actually thought, "Oh no. Nicole can't take Abby's hand me downs anymore." :)

Post a Comment