Saturday, February 6, 2010

Book 'em, Dan-o

After what feels like months and months of pondering, and hours and hours of online research, yesterday we finally pulled the trigger and booked our spring break vacation. And the grand destination is... Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic! I gotta tell ya, I am SO excited. The resort looks great, is all-inclusive (so we don't have to pay $5 for every beer Dave drinks!) and will be perfect come April (April 4-10). Plus, it's already been a great learning experience for the kids. Abby has learned what food they eat, and has even decided she'll try to learn to like some of the things before we go. Nolan is learning the baseball players. Both have located it on a map, and Abby has realized that they share the island with Haiti. I have some other projects planned for them to complete before we go, but me? I just keep checking out those beach pictures.

P.S. I'm playing with blog formats. Not sure if one will stick, if I'll just go from one to another, or if I'll revert to the original. Guess we'll see!

2 comments:

Jennifer Fink said...

You're not kidding you're playing with blog formats! I had to double-check to make sure I was at the right place! :)

Renee said...

DR sounds GREAT!!!! I hope to still be going to PR at the end of the month...I have never been to this part of the world! :) Everyone needs a Passport, right? :)

Post a Comment