Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And again

Ava didn't sleep again last night, so I brought her to the doctor today. She was happy and smiley at daycare this morning (of course), so I was worried it was for naught, but alas, another double ear infection. Ugh. If it doesn't clear up with this round of antibiotics, or if she gets another one, she gets tubes. Nolan has them, and in the grand scheme of things, it's not such a big deal. But it's still feeling bad that you can't feed her, putting her under, general grogginess, etc. But if she sleeps, it'll be worth it!

For anyone missing the little lady, here's some pics at the waterpark. It's only her because I still haven't gotten pictures off the camera. These are from my phone...





My other little lady, Abby, is pretty funny. She's old, but little. She sleeps with a stuffed elephant she has, Ellie, who I've always told her would watch over her. That God sent Ellie to be her special friend and that if she can't sleep, she can hold Ellie and tell her all her problems. The other day she told me that it's funny that she's seven and still sleeps with a stuffed animal. My goodness. If you can't sleep with a stuffed animal at seven, when can you?!? Then tonight, we were watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and at the end, it seems the main guy may not be coming back from the cave he had to go in. His dad and the girl he likes were very sad. But then, lo and behold, the guy came back and all was well. A couple minutes later, Abby asked if I wanted to hear something silly. Of course I did! She said it's really silly. Ooookay, what is it? She said when she didn't think he was coming back, she started crying. And that? That put tears in my eyes, too. I think we have empathy covered.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ava is such a little cutie! What great pictures.

Post a Comment