Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy 100th post!

Well, I made it to the 100th post... A few times I really wasn't sure I would make it this far. Sometimes there's so much to say, and other times, not so much. I hope whoever is still following is enjoying some of it. I can't say it's much, but hey, that's our life!

A few weeks ago (or maybe over a month ago, who knows anymore!), my friend Stacy, over here on her blog, commented on how she feels torn between being with one of her twins and then the other, when they both seem to need her at the same time, and how sometime everyone, including her, feels like their getting the short end of the stick. On Saturday, I figured out that I think it's the same thing in our family--even though there are no twins--and it's only going to get moreso as the new baby comes along. I got the opportunity on Saturday to hang out with Abby. We went to lunch and then headed to church where we helped out for 3-1/2 hours leading various groups of first communion kids and their parents in a craft. Throughout the day, I realized how much more I listened to Abby. I asked her questions, and even heard the answer! I could help her get more soda at lunch, or watch her on the play area (yes, we were at McDonald's), or color with her in our downtime at church. Dave's great at home at playing with the kids so I don't always have all of them all the time, but still, when we're at home there's little chance of not being interrupted. It was really nice just being with her. I hope I still find time for that after August!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

Boy, can I relate to that feeling! But the individual moments will come. Today, without trying, I built a Licoln log house alone with Sam, read some Harry Potter aloud to just Tyler (OK, so we did get interrupted by Sam), read alone to Adam and worked with just Nathan on his demo speech. Just small bits, but it does happen. And who knows? Maybe it makes us appreciate and enjoy the longer "alone" times all the more!

Post a Comment