Friday, March 20, 2009

Ah, to be young again

Last night Abby had a skating party for school, and all families were invited. I took the kids last year by myself, since Dave was out of town, but didn't skate since Max was only 8 months old. Last night, we all went, and everyone, including Max wanted to skate. They had little Fisher Price skates, so we put them on him, Dave and I alternated between skating with Max and Nolan, and Abby was off, off and away on her own! I thought for sure between my off-balance belly and trying to either hold Nolan up or carrying Max, I was going to wipe out for sure. But, there were no casualties, and Dave and I both left laughing and thinking we should do that again... someday!

Here's Abby and her friend Saige. They were best friends last year, but are in different classes this year. It was nice to see her mom and catch up, and watch the two of them hang out together again. They seem so old when the hang out together... no parents needed! (These pics are from my phone, so sorry about the bad quality!)


Max was very proud of himself...




But he only made it about halfway around before he wanted to be held. Boy, did that make my back sore!!


On Thursday, since it was back to cold weather and yucky, we headed to the Children's Museum with Nolan's friend David, his mom Laura and younger brother Nathan. I didn't get many pics, but they changed out some of the exhibits. There was a really cool golf ball area with ramps and chutes at the beginning, but some of that changed now. I think I liked it better before, but the kids still had fun here. Here's Nolan climbing the climbing wall...


Okay, my pics are all backwards, so bear with me. On Monday night, my great friend Renee came to visit with her son Ben, who's five days older than Max. Renee brought them matching pjs with monkeys on them. How cute! We couldn't get them to pose well, but here are some pics of the monkey boys.

Random picture of Abby, Nolan and Max playing operation. Max is perched at his favorite place on the counter...



Makes you wonder what they're up to, doesn't it?



Did the leperchauns come to your house? They came to ours, and the peed in our toilet! They also turned some chairs upside down and left some gold (chocolate) coins and some green coins with shamrocks. Those silly leperchauns! Luckily, nothing was too hard to pick up. :) The funniest part was when the kids went downstairs and came up proclaiming that they turned everything crazy in the basement. Really? The leperchauns barely went into the basement... could it just be the kids turned it crazy?




Back to the monkey boys with Nolan. Are you squished, Ben? And check out Max's shoes on the second picture. I think they've been off his feet for all of 10 minutes (and that includes sleeping time) in the past few weeks.



Tuesday was such a nice day, that again we spent the day with Renee and Ben and David and family (it's SO nice having someone to do so much with!!) at the zoo. Here are the boys doing their best fishy faces.

With the ever-popular camels...


Their best lion impressions...


The little boys watching the lion sleep...


And when we got home. It was a long days for the little boys!


And that's that! Once again, you're all caught up in my life. This weekend we'll celebrate Dave's birthay a little bit with cake his mom and dad are bringing, and hopefully enjoy some outside time. Happy spring!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

Great pics and stories. Don't skating parties make you feel old? I mean, I so REMEMBER skating parties!

Post a Comment