Sunday, March 29, 2009

Big boy bed

Max is in his new big boy bed! Actually, he was in it last week Saturday, but I was hesitant to talk about it because he was doing so well and I didn't want to jinx it. He kept trying to sleep in Nolan's bottom bunk, and we tried it once, only to wake up at 2:30 to BUMP! WAHHH! Completely fell out of bed. So, last weekend we put the rail on the bed and decided to let him try it. For naps and bed, all we had to say for a few days was "Do you want to sleep in your big boy bed?" and up he would go. It was really just too easy. The novelty has warn off a little bit now, but he still goes to bed fairly easy, and goes down (and stays down!) for naps. I won't complain about that. The past couple of days he's gotten up in the morning by himself, and this morning he came wandering in our bedroom all by himself. It's pretty cute, he's getting so big! Now, if we could just convince Nolan that if he gets up first, he doesn't have to wake Max up, we'd be good to go!

Here's what's become of Max's crib for the time being... play area and stuffed animal holder!


And here's the kids welcoming Max to his new bed...


It's official... he's a big kid! He's also repeating everything we say, which is really cute. Yesterday, I was leaving and said I love you, and he responded with "Ovooo", which sounded very close to I love you. I know he was just repeating what I said, but it still melted my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment