Friday, September 5, 2008

Week 1, done!

I'd be remiss if I let this week go by without mentioning Nolan and his first day of preschool. He's been dreading it, and even crying about it, for at least a month now. I took him supply shopping (even though he didn't need supplies), we visited the classroom, and talked about it when we could. It's only two hours on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, but considering he approaches every new thing, including swimming lessons and other classes at the Y, with great trepidation, I really didn't expect it to go well. Wednesday was his first day, and, I could barely believe my eyes when he walked in, put his nametag on, hung up his backpack and kissed me goodbye without so much as a tear! Good for him. As much as I still miss Abby, it's really nice to see Nolan without her shadow. He's been forced to grow up quicker just because she's around. He's expected to adhere to the same level of standards as Abby, he had to give up sippy cups when she did, and we talk to him the same way we do to her. So it surprises me how, when I listen, he still says things like "I need a batainer" (instead of container). When Abby's around, he asks her questions ("That's the way you do it, right Abby?"), but when she's not, he's much more confident, and plays really good with Max. It's fun to watch, and I'm very proud of him!





And, I just couldn't resist this picture of Max on his horsey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nolan, the middle child, is growing up! It must be tough to do stuff on your own when you are used to so many around.
Are you only working on
mondays?
Jon has been working for the last 2 weeks now and is loving it!!!

Abby's birthday looks like it was a GREAT time! :)
Well done on a wonderful summer!
missing you!

Anonymous said...

You sent Nolan to school without shoes? What kind of pre-school is it???? :-)
carol

Post a Comment