Friday, September 26, 2008

Four things I love to hate

Two posts in one day. What's going on here? I just couldn't help but talk about these four things I love to hate...

1. Play-Doh. I don't like to play with it, and I really don't like to get it out. But Nolan really likes it and played with it the other day for over an hour. He made cakes and balls and lakes with animals. Max walked through it, got it all over his shoes and then decided to mow it with his toy lawn mower.






2. Max's nuk. Both Abby and Nolan got their nuks taken away at 12 months and 1 day. Max did, too. Mostly. I gave in and gave it to him at night and naps because it's like a magic potion. Give it to him and he goes from screaming to asleep. I promised myself that I would take it away soon. I still haven't, and it seems he has it more and more. Abby and Nolan both give it to him, and Max knows where they're all stored so just goes in front of his dresser and throws really good tantrums. When he gets it it's like a fix... I think he's addicted to that nuk!




3. Grasshopper catching. I really don't like grasshoppers. When they get on me, they stick and are yucky. But Nolan loves catching them, and makes me open the bowl. Inevitably one that's already in there will jump out and on me. Bleah. I don't know if that's better or worse than yesterday when the boys were worm hunting. Nolan would point them out and Max would stomp on them. They're very definitely boys!




4. Swarm soccer. Both Abby and Nolan are in soccer, and I'm not sure I can handle it. Dave and I weren't really soccer people and this level is just a bunch of kids swarming around the ball. They're actually pretty good at it. Abby's fast, so once she gets out in front with the ball, she scores quite a bit, and she can get in front of all the other kids and stop them. Nolan's not afraid to get in there either, or if he can't get in there, he'll just dance around the ball, which is pretty funny to watch. Below is Nolan pushing over two girls, and then Abby (#3) with the ball behind her. Not sure what she was doing!





It's also hard for me to watch the kids play. Most of the other parents have chairs they sit in, and I'm usually pacing the sideline. I just want them to do well! I can't even imagine what I'll be like when they get into "real" sports!

And finally, I just had to show this picture of my computer. Look closely in the upper left. See those footprints? Max has decided my computer is a great step stool to the table in the office, which gets him up on the desk. And this is the evidence! (Maybe it's time for a bath??)

No comments:

Post a Comment