Sunday, September 21, 2008

The last vestiges of summer

Before reading, I'll give you the warning that I'm tired and distracted while watching the Packer game. Don't expect too much here!

It's hard to believe that just last week we were wearing long pants and sweatshirts everywhere, doing things like this puzzle to stay out of the rain (we worked all weekend, didn't finish, and then put it away because we needed the table).

and now this weekend, it looks and feels like August again! But I'm not going to complain... we enjoyed a great weekend, in a great pool, with great company!


Jenny T, did you start the drinking early? Nice hat!


It sure is nice that with the kids a little bigger, they can camp out. They still like to have a grown up or two around, but they did really great sleeping.


This almost put us over the limit... Dave testing out his dad's accordian. Hmmm, I think Dave's a natural. And enjoying it a little bit too much.


Ahoy, Rocky. Is that beer #2? 12? 22? It's all good!


Can't go a day in the pool without taking a picture of Dave throwing Abby somehow. Not sure what they were doing here.


Yeah, Cody! He's a swimmer. Jenny and Rocky should definitely get a pool.


Well Maxie, where did you come from? Judging by the troll hair you have, I would say you just got sunscreen applied!


And Kyle looks very excited to be at the pool!


The boys played forever with some Batman toys from McDonald's. Jenny sacrificed herself and bought happy meals to eat for lunch last week so she could get them these toys.


Downtime is always a part of the pool, too. Is that Abby, or did she turn into SpongeBob?


Good night, Rocky!


The kids always like to cap off a day in the pool with time at the park.


Ahhh. It was nice to get to the pool one more time this year. Now it will get all ready for the winter until we're ready again next May? June? Either way, there's a lot of really cold months between now and then!

Here's a couple of leftover pics from last week. I took the boys to the zoo. When I left, I asked Dave to get my camera and he told me to be sure I took a lot of pics because we don't have enough of them at the zoo. Yeah, yeah, whatever. But these pics are more than about the zoo. This was the first trip I've taken the boys on while Abby was in school. It was very odd, and I wasn't sure how she'd feel about it. Luckily I don't think I'll have to find out. Nolan talked some about the zoo to Abby, but I don't think she realized he was talking about the zoo from that day. She probably never knows what he's talking about!



Well, I'm off to bed. There's over 5 minutes left of the Packer game, but I just don't think they'll come up with 18 points in that time.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment