Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The plusses of potty training

(I wrote this awhile back, but just realized it was never published!)

Last week I wanted to go to Sharon's funeral, but I just couldn't there due to cost of plane tickets and the amount of drive time. Instead, I headed to church on Wednesday morning, to say a few extra prayers. As soon as I walked in to church I realized that I didn't have any kleenexes, and of course tears started flowing immediately. I had wipes, but because they were wet, they didn't exactly help. Ugh! So, I searched around and found the next best thing... a pair of Ava's underwear. I figured that despite being blue with flowers, they were pretty equivalent to a hanky. I felt a little silly, and might have gotten a few strange looks, but in the end, they may have been even better than a tissue!

(And, as an update, Ava is out of diapers. A few accidents here and there, but mostly letting us know when she has to go and making it on time, whether it be #1 or #2. I'll keep some undies in my purse for a little while, but by Dominican, she should be completely trained. 4 kids trained, none to go... Some days I wasn't sure I would ever get here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment