Monday, February 20, 2012

Pick a Friday

I wish it were Friday. Any Friday, really, but more specifically either this past Friday or this upcoming Friday.

Dave left this morning for the annual HIMMS conference/tradeshow. He comes back on Friday. Alina is wonderful, but it's not the same as having Dave around to help and to talk to. It'll be a quick week I know because we have a lot going on, yet quick will equal hectic.

I would even take last Friday. Last Friday I had another bone scan done (I should get results today). With that, you go in the morning, they take some xray-like pictures and inject you with something. Then you leave and come back in a few hours and they take more pictures. I didn't have to leave the house until 8:00 (I was still late!), I worked at McDonald's in between picture taking and got quite a bit done, and I got to chat with the technician for awhile. A break from the routine!

Then, I decided to take the rest of the day off and Dave and I met for lunch. We ate at Uno's, and then actually went to watch a Friday afternoon matinee of Safe House (great movie!). We assumed there would be very few people in the theater. WRONG!! Apparently it's senior citizen day. In this movie alone, there were probably 80 people over the age of 65... most even older. It was really a strange thing. But, just added to the quirkiness of the afternoon, and to my and Dave's track record of attending restaurants and other events that are beyond our years.

We topped it off by stopping for a drink on our way home, and was definitely a good start to a nice weekend. (A weekend which also included celebrating Mom's birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!)

Wake me up when it's Friday!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Funny ... I almost worked at HIMMS before I took this job. Well, I hope your week goes fast. Good luck! Sending you a cyber for Friday night!

Post a Comment