Friday, February 3, 2012

Prayers please

My cousin Barb lives in Michigan, and is one of my cousins from Guam. I have not seen her for many years and, unfortunately because of time and distance and life, I have never met her children.

Last night, I got a shocking email from my Uncle John. Barb's daughter Sharon, who is 13, collapsed in gym class. They took her to the hospital, but she could not be resuscitated and passed away.

I am at a loss. There's nothing I can do, say, buy or write to help. I can only imagine the shock and grief being felt by my cousin and her husband. And my heart is torn when I think about the utter helplessness that my aunt and uncle (Barb's parents), who are still on Guam, must be feeling.

I will do what I know how... Say lots of prayers. And humbly ask if you'll say one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment