Friday, February 3, 2012

More rites of passage

My littles are getting big. There's just no way around it.

First, I went to bed at 8 on Tuesday, right when the kids did, and I forgot to put a diaper on Ava. I thought I would have a complete mess. Turns out she woke up dry. And since that night was successful, I tried again on Wednesday... Dry again! Thursday was wet but I put a towel under her before bed so all was good. She has been mostly good during the day with just a couple of accidents this week. We may be done with diapers! (One thing that she loves is after she poops on the potty, she gets to hand out treats to everyone. I read that trick on another blog and she loves it!)

Our second rite of passage this week was kindergarten registration for Max. I truly can't believe he will be in school next year. My little guy! When Nolan started it felt like we would be waiting forever for Max, but here we are, on the verge. Good luck to the kindergarten teachers!

And then there are those not quite ready to grow up. I took Abby to the doctor tonight for a post-check of some stomach issues she was having last month. In the waiting room there were some pamphlets called "My Maturing Body for Girls." Abby read the first page or two while we were waiting and promptly declared, "I am not doing that. That's disgusting." I'm not even positive which part repulsed her most, and I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't really optional.

9, 7, 4 and 2 all to soon will be 21, 19, 16 and 14... And more!

No comments:

Post a Comment