Sunday, September 11, 2011

Humble words

Yesterday morning I was taking Abby to her first volleyball practice at the Y. Her friend Taylor was with us because she had slept over on Friday night. We were chatting about school, and Abby told me that they switched where they sat on Friday and she's next to some boy who she really doesn't like. So, I told her at least she gets it out of the way now, and it's only for a week, since they move next Friday.

Then Taylor told me that she has to sit next to a boy who is very distracting. He's always talking and always getting in trouble. I said just think how much that will help your concentration! You'll be able to really focus after you move and are sitting next to someone else.

Then Abby said, "Mommy, you always have humble words." When I asked her what she meant, she said I don't think anything is ever bad. I say humble words.

I decided if she remembers me 20 years from now as having humble words, I'll be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment