Friday, September 16, 2011

11... Thank you!

Today, on our eleven year anniversary, I want to say THANK YOU to Dave. I know, most people say I love you. Which I do. I love him too. But today it's pure gratefulness that I'd like to express. He has been home with the kids all summer, and I've gotten a complete pass. When people ask me with a smirk how he's doing, I try to think of a funny story, but can't. Really, he's doing great. He loves it. The kids love it. I love it! He cooks, he cleans, he does laundry. He makes me coffee and breakfast, and helps me get my bag out to the car. He gives baths (and lets me take baths!) and goes to the store late at night and takes kids to the dentist and makes preschool runs. He handles most of the homework and has the entire neighborhood over and entertains them all and he enjoys it! And even though I don't see him much somedays, and sometimes don't see the kids much, he still understands when I need a little time to decompress, to shop at 9 at night on a Sunday night because I have nothing to wear, and isn't frustrated that my mobility is limited on my crutches.

I loved him 11 years ago when I married him. But today I am in love with him. We don't always see eye to eye, but that wouldn't be any fun if we did. I can't imagine trying to do this life alone, and I can't imagine a better partner in crime in all of this.

Here's to 11 years... and to looking forward to growing old(er) together!

No comments:

Post a Comment