Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Phone call and santa and nice people

The phone rang tonight from a number I didn't recognize. The conversation went like this:



Me: Hello?

Girl on phone: Is Dave there?

Me: No, he's not. Can I take a message?

Girl on phone: Um, this is Megan, his daughter.

Me: Ha! Uh, I think you must have the wrong number. At least I hope so!!

Girl on phone: Kind of laughed and hung up.



Dave, anything you think I should know? :)



On the way to school the other day, Nolan said something about santa. Abby said, "Some people don't think santa is real." Really? Who? "Someone at school said they saw their mom and dad wrapping presents and putting them under the tree." Wow! I'm glad I don't have to do that. I'd be sad if santa didn't bring our gifts!

Just give me one more year of believing. I don't think I could handle it this year.

Shocker, I forgot another thing tonight. I ordered stuff from the kids' fundraiser and I was supposed to pick it up tonight. The lady organizing it all called me twice, but we were at the Y so I didn't get them until too late. Ugh. I called her and left a message and then felt horrible. She is the mom who does and organizes it all... school fundraiser, soccer, PTO, everything. And when she called me back? She was SO nice. She really could have made me feel guilty but didn't. I really like those people. Understanding, nice, organized. Some day maybe that will be me.





No comments:

Post a Comment