Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cheese on the floor is one thing...

Ok, I forgot how much this baby thing kicks my butt. Don't get me wrong. I love it. I love her to bits and pieces. And at night she sleeps! I mean, really sleeps. 8:30-6 sleeps so I can't complain. But the daytime? I can't put her down. She naps if I'm holding her and then I set her in her bassinet, crib, floor, carseat, anywhere and BAM! Awake and wanting attention. I had so many plans for this weekend that I started. Nolan is moving down to the basement, and I got that room cleaned out and his clothes moved, but the stuff I took out? Sitting in the basement. And the rest of the basement. Oh my gosh don't even get me started on that! It's a MESS! And it's mostly the kids' fault and they should clean it, but I have grand plans of putting away some of the stuff. Baby stuff Max doesn't play with and Ava won't for awhile can get packed up, toys they don't play with in a pile for give away, on and on. I got about one container of playdoh picked up and the rest is wholly untouched. But, while I was going through Nolan's clothes, I realized I needed to see who needs winter coats, so I went through the winter coat closet, pulled out coats for Max and Ava (none of which will fit them this year) and put them in a bin, in the basement. I'm sure I'll find that when I need it. Ha! And Ava's room is literally overflowing with clothes. I got everything put away before she was born, but didn't do a good job sorting through the next size up. And it's just sad that I ALREADY NEED THE NEXT SIZE UP. I should go hold her before she's all grown up and I don't know where it went. Messy basement? Oh well.

On Friday Abby had her first swim meet. She was fairly slow, but good form. It was really quite neat to watch the whole thing. Some of the big kids are super fast! She swims against 7 and 8 year olds, and she doesn't really like the competition. Luckily, it's one of those things that you can just swim against yourself, against your own time. I'm hoping that eventually she becomes competitive because, well, you know, I like to win. :) Nolan and Max actually sat and watched the whole meet. I think they really liked the atmosphere too.

Another week upon us. How does that happen? Ava is seven weeks old already, kids have been in school for four weeks, it's nearly Halloween. Time, time, time. (Note to self: forget the basement, enjoy the life!)

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

Note to Jill: Listen to your inner, wiser self. Forget the basement, hold the baby and enjoy life. Besides, isn't that what Dave's for? :)

Post a Comment