Wednesday, September 16, 2009

9 years

I had to put this in a different post from the previous one, so you get two in one day!

I couldn't let today go by without reflecting on the past nine years. Nine years ago I could never have looked into the future and have seen four beautiful children. Or have been nearly as thankful for the life that I live right now, today. Nine years ago was about the day, the dress, the dinner, the dance (the four D's??) and today is about the family and the future and the lives we've created and the lives we've touched and who have touched us. Nine years doesn't sound that long, but it's long enough to have some pretty low lows (at least, they felt that way when we were in them but in retrospect were more just choppy waters), and some very high highs (named Abby, Nolan, Max and Ava). And it's long enough for me to be glad I'm in it for the long haul.

Happy anniversary, Dave. I'm happy to have spent the last nine years with you, and am looking forward to whatever the future may bring.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary! It's hard to believe that was 9 years ago that I was in Hawaii on my honeymoon and I was begging John to stay and he was telling me we had to get back for Jill and Dave's wedding. LOL! Just kidding! Here's to 9 years and many more...

Renee said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I still remember your wedding day and the priest who scared my husband! You two are just as beautiful, young and fresh as that day! HA! in spirit at least!!!!
I can't belive it has been that long...on my desk here at work I still have the little vase with the plum-colored plastic flower from your shower..."Showers of Happiness Jill and Dave".
wow, 9 years! You guys are Awesome!!

Post a Comment