Monday, September 7, 2009

Good Days

Many times, at the end of the three day weekend, I'm ready for it to be done. For Dave to go back to work, the kids to school and us just getting back in our regular schedule. But this weekend? I wish it could go on forever. It was the perfect combination of not doing anything and doing some things, and the weather? The weather was just perfect. Friday kicked it off, and I went shopping. Nothing major, but I got out and got some stuff done. Saturday we just hung out all day and Saturday night Dave and the kids slept in a tent in the backyard. Well, Max spent half the night in the tent and half in his bed. Ava and I were happily tucked in our own beds. Sunday was church, home to relax, and then we went to the boat. There were lots of people there so the water was choppy, but it was still fun. It was a little tough getting Nolan back on the raft after flying off of it last time, but he finally did. Then today (happy birthday to me!) we headed over to Port Washington. I suggested it because Dave had never been there and I thought he would really like it (he did!). They have a huge playground there that the kids played at for awhile, then we drove down to Lake Michigan. We headed out to the lighthouse there and watched the fishermen and other people for awhile before heading in, grabbing lunch, and then feeding the ducks. Then home, we played Wii Fit (my birthday present), ate dinner, relaxed and bed.

Doesn't sound too interesting or crazy, huh? But it was just right, making me wish I could hang onto it just a little bit longer!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Jill! Sounds like a perfect weekend.

Renee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! That is right, you get to have one too!!!!

Love you, me too!
Renee

PS LOVE the Max story....that kid is going to me a marksman! :)

Post a Comment