Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Choices, choices

Today we got home from preschool, and Max went down for a nap very quickly. I was planning on playing a game or two with Nolan, but then Brenda from across the street called, asking if Nolan wanted to come over and play with Kyan. Considering Nolan's Wii play has been suspended in our house for the time being, and Kyan has Wii that Nolan could play, Nolan quickly decided that YES! He'd love to come and play! So, with Max down and Nolan across the street, I had some tough decisions to make. Do I:
1) Clean the house
2) Do the dishes
3) Put away the clean laundry
4) Go through the great maternity clothes I got from my friend Stacy (Thank you, Stacy!!)
5) Think about dinner
6) Read a book
7) Take a nap

And the answer is... #6 and 7. (I am SUCH a multi-tasker!) Once Max woke up, I cleaned the kids' rooms, emptied garbages, put away clean clothes and thought about dinner. Good use of time, if I do say so myself. :)

Anyway, not a lot going on here. I'm feeling sluggish but ok. I continue to have blood in my urine, which is fairly attributable to kidney stones. Luckily I haven't had much pain except minor lower back aching, which is good, but also attributes, I think, to the constant tiredness going on right now. I'm also freezing cold all the time which is really not fun, and I have so many layers on I feel like an eskimo, but it makes a nice, hot bath at the end of the day and then crawling into my heated bed feel really good! Max is so busy, busy, busy, and while it tires me out, Dave really enjoys it, and this time of childhood in general. He actually said the other day, "I'll really miss this when Max grows out of this stage. It kind of makes me look forward to having another one." What? Wow! That's progress if I've ever seen it! And, as the doctor listened to the baby's heartbeat yesterday, she pronounced, "Sounds like a girl to me." Woo hoo! Of course, I won't put too much stock in that, and I'll be happy with a healthy baby, but it will get me through the next month to think it might actually be a girl. But I'm still bracing for another boy, just in case.

Well, that about covers it from here, all the news that's fit to report!

P.S. I do know the difference between the White House and the Capitol Building in the previous post... I was just testing you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dollar says Girl too!

Post a Comment