Monday, February 16, 2009

Just me and the little man

The kids had off school today, and I completely forgot to take off work. It just worked out well that Dave had to be in Chicago for work, so he took them down to his mom and dad's to hang out for the day. They left yesterday around noon, and won't get home until late tonight. I have to admit, this brought out a little bit of panic for me! I truly can't remember the last time I spent a big chunk of time with Max, just me and him. Usually I have the big kids to play with him too, or Dave. And since Dave loves this time with Max, I take the big kids and leave him at home with Max! So, since Dave hasn't spent much time with just Abby and Nolan, and his mom and dad wanted to take them downtown on the train today (a little hard with Max tagging along!), and since Max has daycare today that I'm already paying for, it was just me and the little man yesterday. He went down for a nap right away when they left, and then slept for 3-1/2 hours! That's unheard of! Then we went for a walk outside, and headed to the basement to play for awhile. Then dinner, then more playing in the basement, then bath, then bed. Actually, we had a lot of fun! I know I shouldn't sound too surprised... he is fun even though he's a maniac. I'm just not used to so much alone time, and am not at all sure what I did with Abby when she was that age, and am not at all sure what I'll do when Nolan's in school in the fall, too! Anyway, this morning, Max is still sleeping. Apparently, I have that effect on him--when Dave's home, he gets up at 6:30, and now, here it is, almost 7:30! I may have to wake him up soon...



Here's some pictures from around our house this weekend... Max got his first haircut on Friday! Now I guess he's a big kid for real, I can't deny it anymore.


Here's Max hiding after he got in trouble...


I can still see you!


Max did this to Nolan... see the nice bruise on his cheek? He came up and pushed him into the end table. Poor Nolan. Dave yelled at Max, and Nolan thought he was yelling at him. I think when he realized he wasn't getting yelled at, the relief was so great that he didn't even mind the hurt in his cheek!


Awww, poor Max got yelled at...


The rest of the weekend was nice too, with lots of friends. Friday night was Jenny from Mayville, which is always fun. Even though we were at the restaurant for 3 hours (or more?) with slow service, the food was great once we got it and the company is always awesome. You know it's good when you can end up at George Webb and not mind because you get longer to chat! Then on Saturday I finished taxes (yeah me!) and we had friends over for dinner. Their son, David, is in Nolan's preschool class, and they get along GREAT. Laura (the mom) watches Nolan for me on Monday, since he really hated the Y daycare program. It's truly a lifesaver, and now Nolan asks "Can I go over to David's house every day?" It's pretty funny. They also have a younger son, Nathan, who's 10 months older than Max. But, because of their birthdays, they'll be in the same kindergarten class. Unfortunately, they'll go to a different school than us, but something tells me that they'll still all be friends anyway.

My other conundrum is whether to take Abby to tae kwon do lessons. She won free two weeks, and really likes it. I really like the discipline, and the cheering for other kids in your class. But it's a fairly big time commitment, and about a 20 minute drive, at least twice a week. Abby's willing to give up other sports (swimming, soccer, softball), but I'm still just not sure! Stay tuned, I guess, or weigh in if you have an opinion!
Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment