Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Abby

"Did you know that once, Lincoln gave a speech. About slavery. But someone didn't like his speech, so he shot him. But instead, he should have really used his words and talked it out."

Yes indeed, he should have. But try to convince Abby of that when, oh, Max steals a little plastic toy she got from McDonalds and if he plays it "HE'LL WASTE THE BATTERIES." Nevermind that it just sits in her room, with no one, including her, playing it. She goes from complete crazy girl, where there's no reasoning with her, no talking to her, to complete crazy girl running around the house, where again there's no talking to her through the silliness, to complete helper girl--"Sure Max, I'll play with you. Where should we go? Can I give you a piggy back ride?" And then the cycle repeats. Makes me wonder how I'll keep up with the teenage years!

And in more Abby news, she decided this morning against tae kwon do. I am a little disappointed, since I really do like the discipline and the feel good aspect to it. But, even though it's snowing outside, I know spring and summer are right around the corner. And I'd probably be resentful of driving her, at least twice a week, twenty minutes to practice, when I'd rather be outside taking in the gloriousness of the weather. In that way, soccer and softball will be much better, not to mention the ability to let Max play at the park at the same time. But, mostly, I'm glad it was her decision and she doesn't seem disappointed at all.

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

So no tae kwon do (I just found out I can't spell that!). You're lucky -- if it had been my kids, they would have decided not to do it AFTER I'd paid the 6 mon. fee and they'd gone to oh, 2 classes.

Post a Comment