Thursday, February 12, 2009

Is it Thursday already?

So, I've had about four posts written in my head since the last time I wrote, and every time I went to bed, or took a nap, or watched tv, or read my book! I guess it's about time.

The first blog in my head was from last weekend already... the paper on Saturday was depressing. After Abby came along over 6 years ago, it was difficult to read or hear any sad stories, and I think it's just compounded with each baby. And then being pregnant, oh my! First, there was the description of the late-term abortions that a UW system clinic was going to start performing. It wasn't just that they were going to do it (which, to me, is bad enough), but the description of how these babies at 19-22 weeks needed to be amputated first and then suctioned. Bleah. I could write a million things on that, as well as the fact that it's going to be at a UW clinic, but I won't. And then the story of the women finally charged for starving her 1-1/2 month old baby. The baby who had complete muscle atrophy as it tried to protect her vital organs before completely starving to death. And finally the story of a local high school boy who posed as a girl and asked many adolescent boys for graphic images of themselves and then, when he got them (yes, they actually sent them to him), he used them as blackmail to perform sexual acts on them. I mean, really? What is this world coming to? And how do I let my soon to be four children ever use the internet? But how do I not? How do I warn them of the dangers that lurk out there, while still instilling in them that the world is basically a good place? I remember last year being two minutes late to pick up Abby from school and she panicked. As I drove by the school steps, she was crying and one of the dad's stopped to help and she just looked at him. I had no idea whether to tell her she could trust him, or not, or what to do. And if I don't know, how will she??

But anyway, I'm really not depressed, living in the newspaper or wondering each and every day what this world is coming to. We are doing fun things around here, too... like going to Disney on Ice! Last Saturday we headed downtown for the show. It was good, but not spectacular. The kids liked it (well, Max fell asleep, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad!) and it was a good day out. Here's Max, still awake in the first half, and was actually pretty into the show...


The kids with their booty... but what they really wanted was the snowcones behind them. No way! I can only imagine the mess that would be!


The kids before the show...


And it was nice enough, that we could wear spring jackets... that was nice!

Here's a random picture of Abby in the cute jumper that Dave's mom made her for Christmas...


And here she is on mixed-up mismatched clothes day!
And I REALLY should have posted after Tuesday, and called it Gloriousness!! Although extremely windy in the morning, the afternoon was picture perfect. I made all the kids play outside, and even skipped swim lessons that day so we could enjoy it a little further, and enjoy brats on the grill! Max even cooperated by taking his nap at 10:30 to 12:30, so we could all just be outside. It's turned a little colder now, and drearier, but considering it's still above freezing, I won't complain too loud! Here's Nolan and Kyan from across the street, playing Star Wars/Power Rangers in the grass and snow.




Look at that sky! You had to keep looking up... the grass is so yucky right now that it was a little hard to take.


And here's Max, enjoying his scooter he got from Christmas (thanks, Gram!). He was happy to get it out of the garage!


And that's it! The week is caught up. This next week promises to be not all that exciting, which is good, I think. With the three kidlets, regular days are exciting enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment