Monday, May 26, 2008

Three day weekends are nice

It feels really strange to have a three-day weekend, right before a, well, 1,087 day weekend. Or however long I'll be not working. (Technically I guess only 6-day weekends since I'll be working on Mondays.) But it was nice, anyway. I can't even remember Friday night. I guess it was cold, because I have these pictures of the kids... check out the winter wear with the sandals. A fashion statement!






And once they came in, Nolan was in fine form! How could you get mad at this face? (Ha!!)

Saturday was absolutely beautiful, though. I slept in (9:00!), did some cleaning and then headed outside. Max had his setup in the yard so he couldn't escape. It was like baby jail! Well, baby jail if in jail they're surrounded by more toys than they could possibly ever play with.


And Max also did a lot of this...



Maxi stands alone, Maxi stands alone, Hi Ho the Dairy-O, Maxi stands alone! He took a few steps here and there, too, so it certainly won't be long now before he's walking everywhere. Which, I'm actually quite looking forward too. Otherwise he tries to climb up and down the sidewalk and driveway and it just does wonders for his knees!

Then, most of the day consisted of some of this...


And some of this...


Suffice it to say, by the time we all went to bed at 12:30, there was probably a little too much of that! The kids slept over at the neighbor's house with Cody, and Dave slept over there with them. I got up at 5:45 with Max and, although tired, was fine. I headed to church and some shopping and then it was home for a NAP! Our neighbor Jenny was not quite as lucky. She looked like death warmed over until about 6:30 Sunday night. I felt really bad for her... I think it might be awhile before she drinks again!

There was a little more to the day, of course, but I gave Abby my camera. I took a few other pics, but most are Abby's...










Monday we just hung out, and then headed over to my boss's house for a Memorial Day gathering. Dave didn't want to go (what's new?) but we went over there anyway. Then, he didn't really feel well, and started throwing up. Ugh! So after a couple of hours we headed home. On the way home, Nolan said he didn't feel well and that he was going to throw up. We know that we have to listen to him when he says that! So, we pulled over and he got out. Sure enough, he lets go on the side of the road. Then he hops back in the van. And pukes again. Bleah. We got him back out, he throws up again, and we get everything cleaned up. When we got home, he had his head in a bowl four more times, and he was quite proud that he did it more times than Dave. He really didn't, but hey, if it makes him feel good about himself! And now everyone is sleeping except me. Not sure what tomorrow will bring... You would have though we could have made it through the last four work days without having to worry about the sickies!

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry the weekend didn't finish so well. At least the weather was great!
carol

Post a Comment