Sunday, May 18, 2008

And the decision is...

So I've decided to consult. I'm actually quite surprised that I decided to do this, and even more surprised that I'm looking forward to it. I still have moments when I just think I should be done and be done with it. But I've started transitioning all of my stuff over to the person who's taking my place and focusing on the integration of two departments that I'm working on now and I enjoy that. And it helps that I don't have to be completely tied to it. I can make recommendations and they can either take it or leave it. If the leave it, so be it. I'm not the one who has to deal with it later!

I've decided that my day in the office will be Mondays from 9:30-2:30. With this timing, if I'm still doing this when school starts, I don't have to worry about not being around to pick up or drop off Abby. During the summer, Abby's going to go to daycare on Mondays with Abby and Nolan instead of Kool Kids Club where she goes now. This will make drop off and pick up much easier. She wanted to go to Kool Kids Club to see her best friend, Saige, but Saige will only be there on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I guess we'll just have to do playdates on Fridays! I picked Mondays in the office because there are some neat YMCA classes Tuesday-Friday, and Abby and Nolan can both be in the same class so Nolan shouldn't freak out. We'll see though... I hate to overschedule the summer and yet, it might be culture shock for me to go from working full time to home all the time!

I can't believe that the school year is almost over. Abby had a birthday party to go to today, and I was talking to some of the parents who are as much in shock as I am that it's almost summer. It'll be tough for Abby, I'm sure, to not see her friends most of the summer and then to go back in the fall with a new teacher and new kids. It'll be tough for me, too... I just started recognizing which mom and dad belonged to which kid, and I really like Abby's teacher! And, being the mom of a kindergartner is still the mom of a kid barely in school. I'M NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A KID IN A "REAL" GRADE!!

Our weekend was nice, filled with lots of friends. Friday we hung out with the neighbors and then I went to dinner with two friends I used to work with (while Dave cooked for our neighbors). When I got home Dave was projecting a movie on the back of the house and Abby, Nolan and Cody (neighbor boy) were watching that and I joined the grown ups for some adult beverages. We (kids included) ended up staying up until 11:45 when it started raining so we had to go in. Saturday was swimming lessons (Abby only) and then I went to church to meet with the Bishop. He's doing a weekend visit of the church and started out the visit talking to the catechists. It was really interesting... he's so smart, and yet so down to earth. After that it was birthday present shopping and home. Then Dave cooked for the neighbors again, and I went out with our old neighbor Jenny from Mayville. It's always nice to see her. We ended the night at Starbucks and apparently it closes at 10. We were the absolute oldest in the place, which was only confirmed when the girl working there asked us (after we were there when they were apparently already closed) if we were waiting for a ride. Uh, no. We can drive home. This morning was church with the kids, lunch at Charcoal Grill with the kids, then we dropped Abby off at her birthday party and I took the boys to Costco and Target before picking Abby up and heading home. Dave had the whole day to himself, and I came home to a clean house. If he won't join me at chuch, at least the house gets clean!

And that brings me to tonight. I added some things to the blog that I hope you like! The countdown is on for being done at work... May 30 is it. It feels good to have that day.

I hope your weekend was great!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

Yay! I got a callout in the blog!

See...now that you're blogging, you can't say anything bad about me. ;) At least not officially!

Jenny
P.S. Nice van!

Post a Comment