Friday, September 5, 2014

1984


Someone posted this picture on Facebook the other day. I was really quite speechless. I'm pretty certain it explains my self-confidence issues! There were several reactions to this picture. My mom has no idea where those clothes came from. My sister pointed out we were like Abby's age and my nephew Cole's age. I decided our kids are decidedly cooler than my mom's kids were. Abby laughed and laughed at my hair, and then decided Aunt Jen's clothes were ok, but mine had some issues. 

Then there was Ava. She looked at it and said, "I think your hair is beautiful mama. That girl is my mommy!" It's true. And obvious. But it just really struck me. I look at this picture and that girl cannot possibly be me. Well, she's me, but she's not a mom, wife, employee. She's a point in time. An awkward point in time to be sure. But I guess that little girl did something right if she grew up to be Ava's mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment