Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sophia the First

Sophia the First is a kid's show that Ava watches. She actually doesn't usually watch the little little kid shows at home because she's too busy watching the bigger kids TV shows like Lab Rats, Kickin' It or Jessie. But regardless, tonight she wanted to watch Sophia the First. Now, when the kids put TV on, I usually check out. I mean, who needs endless hours of mindless kid shows that we've seen a million times? (Not that I let them watch endless hours, but still...) I usually try to do something else (clean something, pick something up... even though Dave doesn't think that's true at all!), but Ava usually wants me to sit with her so I grab my phone, check my email, catch up on Facebook, play some games. And I stay that way until the kids go to bed. And then many times after the kids go to bed. Often times, I also wake up the next morning, check my email, check Facebook (because I'm certain big things have happened between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 am) and then maybe play some games.

Well, I'm done. I used to call it "my relaxation time" but now am going to refer to it as "my waste of time." I'm taking my games off of my phone (but leaving the kid games... I do need to entertain them at restaurants despite the purists saying that you shouldn't have to do that). Tonight, I sat with Ava and I actually watched Sophia the First. The show didn't get any better, I reassure you. However, I actually engaged with Ava and when I was tired of watching it, we played a game instead. I think I tend to forget that even what seems like a waste of my time can be a big deal when I'm doing it with the kidlets.

And, one more time I'm going to try to commit to the blog. It's been tough lately, but I got my annual book of blog posts. The book was ridiculously small. Compared to previous years it was laughable. Must.Do.Better!

No comments:

Post a Comment