Monday, June 17, 2013

Memorial Day

I think that one of the hard parts about blogging, and maybe part of why I've slowed down on it, is because you talk about the same things year over year. Each September I feel melancholy when the kids start back to school, and then again it sets in at the start of summer vacation. Birthdays, anniversaries, new sports, you name it, I continually marvel at the passage of time. Each 4th of July is represented by pictures of the kids in the pool, and Max celebrating another birthday. Even the Dominican trips start to feel... over done.

Memorial Day is no different. I've talked about it here. And here. Oh yeah, and over here too. And I briefly mentioned it here too, in a post I thought was particularly clever. I didn't re-read all of those posts, but I'm guessing that at least most of them say something like, "We drank with the neighbors." And lo and behold, this year, we drank with the neighbors! We started out with Dave's new BBB tradition... Burgers for Breakfast with Beer. It takes place at 10:00 AM. Apparently it's mandated. Then we hung out in the backyard and drank. Then we moved to the front yard. But then, in a new twist we moved to Mayur and Brenda's back yard. No big deal, except... they weren't exactly home. So, when they got home, they were a little surprised to see us there, but certainly didn't take long to join in the action.

The one picture I took of Memorial Day was this... Dave with his knee up and icing it. Buca and Lexi were playing with a chocolate lab in the back yard and Dave, who really needs to be more aware of what's going on around him, was hit square on by all three of them, right below the knee. He went down immediately, first laughing but then in big pain. Fortunately, after a few days, he was better, but it took him awhile to walk normal again!

And so, one more time, here's to Memorial Day and three day weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment