Monday, June 17, 2013

Coming to you from Chicago

I don't think I've ever traveled this much in this short of period of time. Bahamas in February, Dominican in April, California in May, Chicago in June. Right now I'm at the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Conference. Exciting, right? I got to see Hillary Clinton speak (she was ok, but felt like she was campaigning), will get to see Kelly Clarkson sing, got to go to West Side Story tonight, thanks to a surprise by my boss. Not bad! Quick story about West Side Story... there was a group next to us, and the woman clearly had too much to drink. She got up before intermission and started making her way out. I thought she was going to puke on the row in front of us. Intermission came and went, but she didn't come back. But, one by one, the group next to us started getting up and leaving. First one person, then her husband (who didn't seem to care), and then someone came back for the final two people, saying they had to leave. I would be so mad!! Oh well... it was good entertainment during the entertainment.

It was hard to leave today, but I was happy it was by train rather than airplane. Much more low key! But, I missed most of Father's Day, I missed a baseball tournament for Nolan (their tournaments are very exciting!), I'm missing games all week. I feel a little bad leaving Dave home to hold down the fort, and I hope there's a fort left when I get home! But, it is nice just to hang out for awhile, learn some new things, and the Chicago weather today can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment