Saturday, January 5, 2013

Good bye. You've served me well.




It has 15,000 more miles, a few more scratches (I blame the scooter riders in our driveway!), and is a little more well-loved than when I purchased it just over a year ago. And today I'm saying good bye to it at the Fiat dealership where I bought it.

Whenever someone asked me if I liked my car, my response was always, "I love my baby car!" And I still love my baby car. On the way here Abby asked me if it were my choice if I would get rid of it (we're trading Dave's Avalon and the Fiat in to get a Chrysler 300) an we had a good conversation about how it's the right decision even though its not the decision I want to make.

The Fiat itself was nice, but it wasn't any bells and whistles that made me love it. I loved that it was mine. That when I was driving it, I was just me, and maybe me of 13 years ago. A little more carefree, a little less responsible. Don't get me wrong... I love my life today, my husband, my four kids, my dog. But sometimes? When I was driving my Fiat, it was nice to remember who I was before all of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment