Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Double Digits

Last week, Abby hit double digits. TEN! 10! How crazy is that? It just flew by. And when I think how old Abby will be (17!) when Ava is 10, it really just makes me shake my head. I know I lament all the time on how old the kids are getting, and it's probably getting old to read, but this time of year--new school year, birthdays--just show me over and over how big they're getting.

For her birthday, I took Abby to the Packer pre-season game. We were both very excited... not sure which one of us was more excited! I got done work early and we hit the road. She only got a little antsy when we hit construction, and traffic, and then parking lot for awhile. We were trying to get there by 4:30 for a 6:00 game, but got there at 5:30 instead. We hustled in, got to our seats, checked it all out, the game started, and two minutes into it, she was hungry. I begged her to watch just the first quarter so I could see some of Aaron Rogers, and she graciously agreed.

I have no idea why this picture is upside down. It's rightside up on my computer, but when I put it here, upside down!

Getting better!

We went inside and grabbed some dinner at Curly's Pub, and then she played some games. Not exactly what I thought we'd do, but it was her birthday!

Yum! Pretzel sticks, cheese curds, french fries and chicken fingers. Now there's a birthday dinner for you!

I watched the game here... luckily, we were a lot ahead.
Oops! Back to sideways pictures.
In the middle of the fourth quarter, she wanted to head back in to the game. Since it was pre-season, and we were so far ahead, many people left already. So, we took advantage and sat on the 50-yard line. That was pretty cool to watch.
Afterwards, she really didn't want to go sit in the car in traffic, so we got some ice cream, and checked out the statues... Curly
And Vince!
Sleepy on the way home. As was I!
Hmmm, still didn't work!
Happy birthday to my crazy mixed up 10 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment