Monday, May 14, 2012

1917

Last week, Abby was able to travel back in time to 1917. As the fourth graders do every year, she went with her class to Ye Olde Schoolhouse to see a little bit what school was like way back when. She was slightly embarassed by the outfit in the morning, but by the time she got to school, I think she was good to go.

I think she was adorable! She and Dave decorated the can, which was the perfect touch.

And, not to be outdone, Alina did Ye Olde Preschool with Max and Ava. They made bread, which to me is big enough on its own. But they also MADE butter, jam and peanut butter. They visited an antique auction to see all the old stuff. They checked things out from both now and early times (contacts vs. spectacles; to go coffee cup vs a tin cup). I'm just glad that I get to use all the things from now instead of from way back when!

No comments:

Post a Comment