Saturday, April 28, 2012

Holy Handsome Boy!

Ya know, if you procrastinate enough in writing a blog post, you can actually do one post for two events! Fortunately, both events were for one special kid, so they go hand in hand.

Last weekend, I think I mentioned, Nolan made his First Communion. He was very handsome, and also very excited. I wasn't sure how he would be, but he had a smile from ear to ear.


















Can I also say... I have NO IDEA what the deal is with my camera. Dave's camera, the nice, expensive one, has everything coming out dark. Abby's camera, the cheaper one which worked fine on vacation, is now pulling in a ton of light and blurring everything. Ugh!

Anyway, the mass was very nice, and Nolan didn't spit the wine out, so that was good. I had ordered wings from Buffalo Wild Wings earlier in the day and my dad went to go pick them up, and of course they didn't get my order! This happened with Abby's First Communion too... clearly jinxed! Fortunately, they were able to get it all done quickly, and we had wings but just 30 minutes later. And they're sending me a gift card of some sort... we'll see how sorry they actually were!

It's such a strange phenomenon to watch your children do things that you remember. I'm not sure if I remember First Communion itself or just the pictures, but there was Nana, and Uncle Judy and Auntie Al (they've been mixed up for that long!) who are my Godparents, and I know I made everyone go up to "The Mound", which was always a big deal for me.

God bless you Nolan, and heaven help us all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment