Saturday, April 21, 2012

Adjusting

Coming back from vacation is HARD! I miss the sun, the sand, the drinks and the water. But mostly I miss the laid back, no responsibilities, not a care in the world week. I came home to 800 emails, and Monday started with a bang and it feels like last week equaled a month. There was a lot of activity while I was out, just waiting for me to come back. Add to that Dave's travel schedule (three days last week, five days next week), the kids starting softball and baseball, Nolan's First Communion and Nolan's birthday, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I need to remind myself that they're all great things. We're fortunate because we're always happy to have family come, both Dave's and mine. We're fortunate that we both have busy jobs that we (usually) enjoy. We're fortunate to have Alina to help pitch in when I can't get home and the kids need to run somewhere. We're fortunate to have great neighbors to feed guinea pigs when we're gone, watch the kids when we run another one somewhere quick, and take them to school when needed.

I know we're fortunate. It can still just be all a little overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment