Monday, September 13, 2010

Technology at its finest

I'll admit it, my kids have lots of technology. But for the most part, I think they use it fairly healthily and in moderation. (Except for those two hours of Harry Potter Lego Wii on Saturday, or the hours of babysitting tv I've used, of course). In addition, for the most part, I trust my kids. I mean hey, they've never given me reason not to. And luckily, they are SO transparent when they're doing something wrong.

Take tonight, for instance. It was about five minutes before bedtime and Abby and Nolan were whispering and conspiring. This is made even more the obvious given the fact that the two of them are usually at each others' throats, not in cahoots with each other. From there I watched Nolan get his DS and go up and get into bed before we even gave a second bedtime reminder. Hmmm, sounds like Pictochat to me. (For those of you not in the know, if they each have a DS within a certain vicinity, they can talk to each other by drawing pictures or writing messages and sending it.) So I tucked them all in, fluffed all his pillows which made him very obviously nervous and said goodnight. When Dave came out of Abby's room, I told him my guess. He went to Nolan's and Max's room, opened the door as fast as he could, and bingo! Nolan's face was lit up by the light of the screen. It was super funny how scared he looked, and Dave and I were just laughing.

From there, Dave comandeered Nolan's DS and waited for Abby. When she sent a message, he sent one back that said BUSTED!! It's Daddy! Immediately the notice on the bottom said "Abby Exiting Chat." Ha! I went in her room and she looked all innocent. I just laughed at her and took her DS. She asked when she could have it back and I told her tomorrow morning. She responded by saying, "Well, at least you didn't catch us last night!" WHAT?? How could I have missed this last night?? Aw man. I need to up my mommy monitor.

The crazy part is, I almost wish we didn't bust them. It made bedtime SO easy with them both, which made it easy with Max. And the two of them against us, or at least in it together, is kind of nice. I just may have to look the other way next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment