Sunday, September 26, 2010

No comingling allowed

This weekend the boys went "camping" (read: trailer with kitchen, bathroom, big screen TV and other home amenities) in Door County with the boys (Mayur and Kyan) across the street. Their weekend, from what I can tell, can be summed up like this...
Saturday night Kyan and Max fell alseep during a movie so Nolan came out to the campfire where Dave and Mayur were hanging out. Dave was drinking bourbon and Nolan asked if he could have some. Dave let him dip his finger in and try it, to which Nolan said, "It tastes like run!" Yeah, that's my six-year-old for you.
It seems they had a great time. They went go-karting, saw a snake, shooed out the frog from the indoor pool and played chess.

Abby and Ava and I had an equally nice girls' weekend. Friday my mom and dad came up and we ordered pizza and watched movies. Saturday we went to breakfast (Abby picked McDonald's... someday her taste will change, I hope!), dropped Ava off with my mom and had some girl shopping. We went to Goodwill to look for Halloween stuff, and Abby didn't understand. "What do you mean we're at Goodwill? I mean, how do you shop at Goodwill?" Apparently I've only ever taken here there to drop stuff off there. But, she did find two shirts that she liked, and we got a bunch of books, so of course no matter where we are, she'll find something to buy! From there we hit Walmart and mini-golfing. Hmmm, maybe if I want her taste to increase from McDonald's, I'll need to take her shopping somewhere other than Goodwill or Walmart!

Saturday night was a lot of fun. My mom came over and we played lots of board games. It was nice to not have to worry about the younger ones, and for most of the time Ava was in bed. I love board games and now that Abby's old enough, it really is fun (and challenging!) to play with her.

In the end, it was a great weekend. The boys didn't want to come home and both Nolan and Max said they wished they were still camping. Abby didn't want the boys to come home, and also wished they were still camping. I wouldn't want to split up every weekend, but every now and again I think that will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment