Thursday, September 16, 2010

The prom, 10 years later

So, last Saturday night, my company had its 25th anniversary bash. It was a pretty fancy affair, and Dave and I actually got a sitter for it. It just so happens that it was also close to our ten-year anniversary, which is today. So, I made people take pictures, and Dave accused me of treating it like prom. I didn't see any corsage, so I say no way. It's just us, ten years later.

Here's the first attempt at pics. Not bad, right? But see that big splotch on my neck? That red one? No, it's not a hickey. Ten years, remember? It's Nolan shining a laser on me while the picture was being taken.

And here's us again, sans red spot. I must've been on a hill, Dave looks short!

Anyway, prom or not, here we are ten years later. I'm not sure there's much to say, the life speaks for itself. We're definitely different people than we were ten years ago, with different dreams and different things (people!) taking up our time. We've been married long enough to say that some of the years were fantastic, and some of the years were hard. But together we've faced them all, and I'm incredibly happy to say that, these ten years later, we probably get along better than we did before we got married. As we sat at the formal dining room table tonight (it was the only surface cleared enough to eat on!) we looked around and with some disbelief realized we've filled all of those formal chairs that there seemed so many of when we moved into this house. And then when we thought about where we'll be in another10 years, and how quick that will go... Abby off to college! And soon, too soon, the same table will be filled with kids of our kids, who will be the same age ours are now. And man, I gotta say, there's just no one I'd rather go on that journey with.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary Jill & Dave!

Post a Comment