Friday, July 23, 2010

Wet animals

We saw a lot of wet animals at the zoo yesterday, but the cutest by far were the drowned rats you see below!

I gotta admit, not the best day for the zoo. But Abby and my nephew Chad had zoo class, so off we went. While Abby and Chad were in class, my (very pregnant) sister and her two youngest, my dad, and me and the three littlest walked around the zoo (class is from 9:30-3:00). The morning was wet and we spent lots of time in various animal buildings. With the help of umbrellas and the beautiful ponchos you see above, we were able to keep clothes mostly dry, and we didn't have to battle many people! We actually saw more animals in the buildings than we usually do, which was nice. And I think the kids had fun anyway--at least no one complained! So overall it was a win. I just wish my feet would unwrinkle from walking in all those puddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment