Monday, June 1, 2009

Soccer is OVER!

So, I hate to sound too overjoyed that soccer is over, but I am overjoyed that one of our things we need to run around to every week is done. Abby was actually done a few weeks ago--I pulled her out because her softball practices were at the exact same time as soccer practice. Nolan was ready to be done a few weeks ago--he informed me several times that he just likes tball and not soccer. I guess we don't need to sign them up again next year!

Although Abby was done awhile back, the coach asked her to play in a U7 tournament, which is one level up from what she was playing. It was kind of funny because she knew all the kids because they were in her class. She played on the younger team because of her young age, but she definitely could have played in the older division. It's mostly the same, except they throw in the ball in the U7s and the coaches can't be on the field showing them where to be. Abby was a little overwhelmed at first, I think, and forgot to just go after the ball! She did a lot of her nervous gesture... putting her hair behind her ears.


Here's a few pics from the game... she got in there a few times!



They even let her be team captain. Here she is calling the toss.


Nolan's last game was last week Thursday. Here he is with neighbor Cody.


The whole team listening to the coach.


Abby ready for softball, Nolan ready for soccer, and Max just wanting to be one of the big kids! (The pics are a little out of order!)


Nolan getting his medal.


Action shot... a little out of focus! Oops! I have others even more out of focus!
Soccer was fun, but I just don't think it was our sport. For the kids, it was a good first team sport. I was happy to see them listening and learning and cheering on their teams. And now, two more months of tball and softball!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Great pics! I so hope soccer IS our sport because I love it. However, as we all know the kids will ultimately make that decision.

Anonymous said...

When is Abby going to start cheerleading? :)

--Nicole

Post a Comment