Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The race

When Abby got home from school today, she informed me that at her school, John McCain won the race. But then Cody next door told me that Barack Obama won in his classroom. Later on, Abby said it's ok if one wins, we're just happy for them both. You know, whoever becomes president won't be mad at the other one or anything, they'll just be happy for each other.

Considering her civic-mindedness, and her and Nolan's incessant questions in the past few days about who Obama and McCain are, I decided to take them with me to vote. Relatively easy and painless and took about 5 minutes. But when we finished and went out to the car, Nolan asked if we were done and when I said yup, we're going home, he burst into tears. I asked what else he wanted to do (it was already 7:30), to which he promptly cried, "I wanted to see the race!"

You would think that, eventually, I would see these things coming.

1 comment:

Post a Comment