Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just be nice

The theme in our house lately is just be nice to each other. It doesn't seem like such a hard concept. I mean, nice. Not nice because mom said nice. Not nice because someone's looking nice. Although, I would take either of those some days too. JUST BE NICE! Some days are better than others in that area, and today, for Nolan, it was a not so good day. He just couldn't seem to grasp the concept and talked not so nice to neighbor Cody, ripped Abby's ladybug she was making, and was just all around not nice. Don't get me wrong, both Abby and Cody have their moments too, but this morning it was all Nolan. I stopped all three of them, gave them a lecture about liking each other, made them all say "Treat others like you would want to be treated" and they all went along happily. Except Nolan. Who wouldn't say it, wouldn't pay attention to me, laughed and mocked me. Ugh! But then it all seemed ok and off we went to walk to school. And then it all broke down when Cody asked for a drink of Nolan's water, Nolan pitched a fit, and I wasn't going to stand for it. So, instead of taking Nolan and Max to the park after we dropped off Abby and Cody like I planned, I took the boys home. This was after I told Nolan we were going to go to the park before he behaved this way but now we weren't (hey, I gotta be a little mean sometimes, too!), and he better not be mean the rest of the day or he'll be spending a lot of time in his room.

When we got home, Nolan wanted to do chalk in the driveway, and I agreed, but made him write what I wanted him to.


Here it is a little darkened, but you probably still can't see it.


It says "Treat others like you want to be treated." Nothing like learning your letters and a life lesson at the same time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you have a big driveway, but is he still out there writing it 100 times? :)

You are such a good Mommy!

Post a Comment