Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Little of This, A Little of That

It's funny because there are some days that I don't feel like I have anything to say. But then I upload my pictures (download?) and look through them and remember that there was actually quite a bit going on! On Thursday, I watched my sister's two youngest kids, Erin (almost 2) and Cole (nearing 4) while Jen and Mark took their oldest (Chad) to a Brewer's game. The day was a little tiring, but very nice. The kids play good for the most part.







The only tricky part was keeping an eye on both Max and Erin, who seemed to want to go in different directions both at the same time. Unless, of course, they wanted to occupy the same space, in which case they fought. Usually Erin won out, but Max held his own, too! Here's Erin yelling "NOOOOO!" at Max. After this, I think Max may have pulled those pigtails! :)


It was fun, though, and I know Chad had a great time at the game. One other exciting thing about the day was that we saw this in our field and in our backyard as it slowly made its way toward the pond.




Friday was the ZOO! Abby and Nolan had a polar pals zoo class in the morning with Kaitlyn, the daughter of Chrissy who I used to work with. So, it was just Max and me in the morning, which was a lot of fun. No one was there yet, and the animals were all up and walking about. Very neat! I of course took the opportunity to take some pictures of Max and the animals.












After spending a ton of time by the fish, it was time to pick up the kiddos. They showed up with black polar bear noses and polar bear heads and hands! It sounded like they had a great time... even Nolan, who was with the girls and a little apprehensive about the whole thing.



They wanted their picture taken everywhere! here they are with the birds, with Kaitlyn's little brother Zack. I walked around with them and their Grandma after the class, which was fun.


Here are the girls making fishy faces in the aquarium.


The one amazing thing to me is that Kaitlyn and Abby haven't seen each other since last summer. How awesome to be a 5-year-old girl without a care in the world, where you can just jump in and be immediate friends. Life gets too complicated when you get older. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just put our arms around each other, run and joke around, laugh and enjoy yourselft like you've seen each other every day your entire life? When does all that self-consciousness and worriedness set in? I wish I could keep them this age forever! (Ok, maybe not forever, but still...)


And here's my two polar bears in full costume.


Saturday was the Brewer game! Yeah! We had a suite for Dave's work, but this time it was with kids... the first time! There were seven kids there, and it was fun but challenging. I think I saw about 5% of the game, but Nolan was so excited just to get to the park, that it was really worth it all.


And what would be more fun than having your own sausage races?

And then there's today... the stuff summer is made of. Once again, Dave set up the slip and slide at the bottom of the slide. I just love this picture, all three of them in action doing their own thing!

And then there's Dave, not fitting down the slide.

It must run in the family, because here's Abby, not fitting in the baby swing!

And Nolan, who loved his sausages all day today.

Happy week to everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kids are getting so big...I liked the Slip-N-Slide Dave made. That's a big hit here as well!
Give em' a hug from their family in MN!!!
Aunt Lisa

Post a Comment