Saturday, October 24, 2015

Final India thoughts

I am in the car on my way home from India. Let me just stop right there for a moment. In.the.car. Isn't technology amazing? And for those that are wondering... NO. I am NOT driving. I have a driver.

Anyway, I thought I'd wrap up my India trip. If you had told me a year ago that I would be flying to India by myself, navigating to the hotels, to the office, my schedule in general, meeting with the girl in India who reports to me, meeting with groups of people at our technical center, all by myself, I would have told you you were CRAZY. But, I did it. I did all of those things. Plus I flew home by myself, through an airport in Mumbai (or Bombay, depending on who you ask), all by myself. And didn't get lost. Woo hoo!!

I was in the office at the ITC on Wednesday, which was the day before a holiday. The women were all dressed in their beautiful Saris and other fancy clothing.

 Me with all of the new joinees to the ITC. I met with them all by myself to hear how their experiences have been so far.
 They celebrated Dussehra while I was there. They bless all of the tools that help them do their work. This group largely supports our engines group, so there was an engine and some other tools like wrenches that were blessed. Once they bless the tools, they don't use them for the remainder of the day. I volunteered to have my computer blessed in the morning so I didn't have to use it the rest of the day!


 Me and Kadambini. She is the HR person in India on my team, and my India lifeline. She is wonderful! And I'm in in Kohler ITC shirt. They all lookes so beautiful, and I, well, did not!

 Groups of people from the ITC (India Technical Center)...

 And since Thursday was a holiday... I relaxed! I read a book (an entire book!), sat by the pool, got a massage, went to the mall, took a nap. It was a great day!
 The mall...

 For Dusshera, they used sand to make this elaborate art. I came across this one on my walk back from the mall. That's all sand.
 This wass all sand as well, in one of the hotels.
 And finally, scenery from the Mumbai (or Bombay) airport.


A successful 15 hour flight, and subsequent 2 hour flight, and I'm home! Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment