Tuesday, August 18, 2015

PTSD

Every year I think I'm going to post baseball and softball, and at least for two years, I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I always start out the seasons with anticipation and excitement, and by the end I feel like I've been put through the ringer a bit. Add to it the fact that you go from end of season straight to the stress of tryouts, then an abrupt end, and I suddenly feel a little post traumatic stress disorder just from seeing a pair of cleats!

All in all though, despite being busy, both Abby and Nolan had good seasons. Buca was the Warrior's mascot, and sometimes the center of attention. I don't think he minded.
 Ava and Max were always the tagalongs. But, they always found something to keep them busy. You can imagine that Ava's clothes did NOT look like this at the end of the day. A little bit muddier and a whole lot wetter!
 It's a win in Columbus! Well, second place in a hard fought game. Even Buca got in the picture.
 We tend to go out to eat A LOT during baseball and softball season, But we do have fun...


 Abby's team getting ready to go. Abby played on the U12 team, but also filled in for the U14s team as well.
 It's a 1st place WIN at the West Bend tourney!



 My kids! I love the matching uniforms. But next year Abby will be a Jackson J-Hawk, so no more matching. She'll be red and blue.
 We gotta have some fun, too!
 The boys got to play at Helfaer Field this year, the smaller diamond outside of Miller Park. Warm up in the parking lot? Why not.
 Quite the backdrop! Nolan would love to play there for real some day. Well, not as part of the Brewers, but if it's major league, I don't think he'd be too picky.
 Dave even got to announce.


 Back to Abby... she did A LOT of pitching this year. Really did a great job, considering she gave up pitching lessons because she didn't want to pitch anymore!
 Second place... they played well, and came back to tie it for extra innings, but couldn't hold them.


All in all, fun seasons. Good weather, good kids, fun families. It always feels good to be done, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment