Friday, August 28, 2015

Abby's poems

I found these in my notes app on my iPad...

Mom poem
You say that I was your first joy
Which makes me wonder if you were happy on your wedding day
But anyway, when I came into the world today
As your only daughter, you thanked God I wasn't a boy

By the time I turned 1, you said it was to soon
That I was growing up before you knew
But when I turned five I had no clue
That I would be obsessed with a cartoon

This wasn't just any cartoon, like a regular one
But a cartoon were big horrific balls of fur danced around the screen
Now when I turned ten and was a pre teen 
I looked back at this and said, how could watching this be fun?

My mom said I used to love these things
And she said where had the time gone. 
But now I am wondering what I've drawn
And if I'm ready to spread my wings.

And know mom, I am twelve
And I have learned some valuable things
Like how to deal with bee stings
And never stand on the top shelve

But the most important thing I learned mom
Is that if I know I'm like you, I know you did me right 
I will always be correct because with you I am bright
And mom, I just want to let you know, if you miss me, I will be with you, right in your palm.

*************************

Poem that one time
Remember that one time
When the earth shined and we basked in the sun
Not remembering what happened the minute before. 
I wonder what happened.

Remember that one time
When no one ever had a care in the world
And we all ran around the neighborhood
I wonder what happened

We all take things for granted
Like the great thing that we call life
But take a look around
Things are changing

*******************************

Poem
From the royal top of the Eiffel Tower 
To the jagged tops of the Andes mountains
I am with you, I am a triumphant power

What I can create is greater than all
All of the powers of the world 
I stand proud and tall

*******************************

Poem evil is good
Evil
Well.... Evil's evil. 
Evil is like a habit that cannot be stopped once you start it.
Evil is the horror that crawls around and everyone fears.
Evil should be considered one of the seven wonders of the world because it is that powerful.
But evil is not only just a bad thing like 
Loosing your iPhone or loosing a game.
Evil is more than that. 
Evil is the thing that tears this world apart piece by piece brick by brick 
And people from people. 
Evil is something that if you do not look up and see it now, 
You never will.
But evil is not just bad thing that everyone despises.
It has a good side.
The evil inside of us
Is untapped goodness that can be turned in to greatness and that greatness 
May just save the world one day.
And since without evil there really can't be good, 
I think evil can stay around for a little bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment