Sunday, February 8, 2015

The pressure!

The problem with not blogging for so long is that there is so much pressure to have an amazing blog post! Ok, maybe the pressure is just me putting it on me, but still. After so long I wonder... what's worth it?

And of course the answer is everything and nothing. Days come and days go and it's all blog worthy and not blog worthy at the same time. Today I took Abby and Nolan skiing with Ryan, a friend of Nolan's. There were some ski races going on so it was packed! But still fun. Nolan and Ryan and their friend Elijah who we met up with there are DIE HARD snowboarders. They disappear for hours. Abby? Not so much. She was supposed to go with her friend Holly but unfortunately Holly was sick. Abby went some, but then she was done. Instead, I dropped her off at the bowling alley where Dave took the littles.

All day I've been doing what I can to get ready for a trip to China and India, leaving on Tuesday the 10th and coming home on the 20th. I am a procrastinator. Seriously, it's almost more of denial than it is procrastination. It's bad. But ultimately I've been sitting in this chair since about 5:00 tonight. Paying bills, returning emails, reading school updates, working and getting through work emails, scheduling out the next two weeks. It's now midnight. And you wonder why I don't get any blogging done! Abby and Ava fell asleep a long time ago, Nolan and two friends passed out on the couch about an hour ago, Dave and Buca have been snuggled up in bed even longer than that. It's just me and Max, hanging out and watching a random show.

FEBRUARY!! I have no idea how it can be February. It feels like it was just Christmas. And now I'm leaving for two weeks. And another two weeks in March. And then Dominican at the end of March. And it's April. It's APRIL! Simply ridiculous.

Ok done. I'm certain this lives up to no expectations, but at least it's an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment