Wednesday, February 11, 2015

At first glance

I'm here! I'm in China! China. How crazy is that? First things first, the flight was great. It was not busy at all, so I had four seats to myself. Nothing like stretching out and sleeping for 15 hours! Ok, I didn't quite sleep for that long, but seriously I have a gift. You give me 15 hours where I don't have to (nor can I) do anything productive, and I will spend it easily. I ate, watched two movies (Book of Life and The Good Lie--both very good) and slept for 8 hours. Woke up in China.

The airport. I wouldn't know it was in China, except for all the Chinese writing.
Yup, must be China.
 Oh, Dave look! GE!
 There's tons of construction here. Everything has been built up within the last 20 years alone. It looks like any big city. Construction, buildings, smog. I know it sounds strange but seriously, if it weren't for the Chinese people and the the writing, I wouldn't know I was in China.

 View from my hotel room (staying at the Four Points).
 When we got to the hotel and walked outside, it was like an entirely different world than what I saw driving there. Beautiful shops, outdoor restaurants. And the weather is really perfect... about 55-60 degrees.
 And it's coming upon the year of the sheep! February 19 is Chinese New Years, so everything is all decked out.

 In a bread place, it's hard to see, but these are called Lucky Horns and Happy Goat Lucky. It looked European to me.
We wandered into a grocery store, which I always think is fascinating. Eggs of all shapes and sizes!
 It was like a WalMart--had everything there. The smell of fish was a little overwhelming.



 Duck, maybe?


 No idea.
 Who wants pigs feet?

 Abby look! It's chicken fingers!
 Mmmm. For you, Dave.
 Because it's Chinese New Years, they have a lot of boxed gifts, alcohol included. Much like Christmas.
 Seriously, in the mall area, they had a kids play area called modern toilet. The seats were toilets. I see a Kohler sponsorship opportunity!
 Modern Toilet Dessert House anyone?

 Urinals on the wall. Toilets to sit on. Um, ok.
 Kumquat tree in my hotel.
 At the office... the picture to the women's bathroom. Thank goodness for the ponytails!
 And the view from... the bathroom. I thought it was funny the bathroom had windows. :)
Ok, off to do work. Happy Thursday! I mean Wednesday! I mean, whatever day it is wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment