Tuesday, March 19, 2013

They peed on a doll

Some things, you just have to write. I could have titled this post The Kids are Making Me Crazy, or I Can't Believe This is My Life, or Those Wacky Kidoodlos. But instead I decided to call it like it is.

Last weekend (yes, it's taken me a full week to write about it!) Ava and Max were playing with Rayva across the street, at Rayva's house. They were playing with a doll, I believe. For some reason (and this is where the story gets fuzzy), they thought it would be a good idea to put the doll in the sink, and then Max and Ava would get up on the counter and pee on the doll. SERIOUSLY?!? And, not just any doll, mind you, but an AMERICAN GIRL DOLL. Nope, no random barbies for them.

I really have no idea what was going through their minds. At least Max felt bad and knew he did something wrong. Ava just fought it, and fought it, and argued and argued. Really? You peed on a doll. It doesn't get more cut and dry on right and wrong than that.

It's been over a week and I'm still a little dumbfounded. Something tells me I will be for a long while to come.

But, there's this cute video of Ava singing her new favorite song. While it doesn't erase the visual of them climbing up on the sink to pee on a doll, it does make me smile nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment